12 May 2011

the travel bug

wan·der·lust
[won-der-luhst]  
–noun
a strong, innate desire to rove or travel about.
 
Origin:
1850–55; German,  equivalent to wander ( n ) to wander  + Lust  desire; see lust
This is how I've been feeling lately.  I just wanna get up and go.  Anywhere.  I guess my desires are being fulfilled to an extent, as we are setting off for my hometown tomorrow.  My niece is getting baptized, and my husband will be her godfather.  Even though I'm excited to go back home again, my travel urges are really to go to new places or re-visit places I've only been to once or twice. 

My song for this week's linkup reflects my current restlessness .  This song has apparently been out for a while, but I just heard it for the first time last week.  (It came out around the time of our wedding, so I guess I was a bit preoccupied.)



My mom and I at the Golden Gate during our mega road trip in 2007

Link up your song with Goodnight Moon.

5 comments:

  1. Love it! And if you're ever in the Seattle area and need a place to crash just let me know:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it. I hadn't heard it yet either! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have the same feeling. Mine is quite strong and severe. I want so badly to get up and go to Europe and backpack EVERYWHERE! I just have to get the husband, or rather the Marine Corps on board. Lol.

    Great song.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love me some train and this song is great!
    Stopping by from the blog hop and I am a new follower :)
    --Erinn

    ReplyDelete