12 October 2011

autumn touches around the house

I don't usually do a lot of seasonal decorating. Usually I'll just change our tablecloth and centerpiece and call it a day. But fall stuff? I actually have some of that!

It probably helps that B and I got married in October, so our wedding colors were a dark red, orange, and yellow.  There were even fake fall-colored leaves in my bouquet.  My aunt did a lot of my decorations (and all my flowers), so I got to keep a few of the centerpieces from the rehearsal dinner.
Yup, I bring this out every year.

The tablecloth was a random gift from another aunt the first year that I hosted Thanksgiving for my parents when I lived in Virginia (before I was even engaged).  She nailed it.

My mom has a friend or something who sells PartyLite, so she keeps buying me stuff.  I've never specifically asked for any of them, but every year I seem to end up with another black cat votive holder.  They're now my Halloween display for the bar.
The one in the center has a fishbone in him :)
That's another centerpiece up there, too, if you were wondering.

All of that stuff was given to me by others.  But this year, I decided to add my own touch.  I've always loved the idea of wreaths, but when I went to store to get one, it gave me sticker shock.  The pretty fall ones were $40 or more!  So I did the only logical thing and made my own.  Spent about $10 total, and it only took me an hour.  I didn't use hot glue, just wire, so I could perhaps re-use the base.  And yes, I had to call my mom while walking around Michael's to get her advice on how to do this!

We don't get a lot of fall color here in north Florida, so this puts a smile on my face every time I come home!


Have you done any seasonal decorating for fall this year?
 

2 comments:

  1. Love the wreath, cannot wait to have my own place to decorate...my bedroom will have to work for now :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the decorations! I put some gourds on the table as a centerpiece, but my kids kept trying to eat them, so I had to move them to the top of the toaster-oven. Maybe in a few years! :D

    ReplyDelete