10 May 2012

some new music: Colleen Nixon

Okay, so I kinda know this girl.  We sorta worked together at a camp in north Georgia many moons ago when we were both college students.  She's also our current priest's sister-in-law (small world, huh?).  Anyway, I've loved her voice ever since I heard her sing at that camp seven years ago.  I got to hear her sing again at our Pensacola church back in 2010, when she was pregnant with her son (that's her baby boy in the video).  I bought her religious CD then, and it has helped me out whenever my spirits need lifting.  She also has some secular songs, and this is one of them.

I have this primed to start right before the music starts, but this is actually from her KickStarter campaign that she has going right now, so there's some of her talking about it before and after.  (She's beautiful, amirite?!)  She's trying to raise some money so she can record a full-length album, so if you feel so inclined, head on over to KickStarter and help the girl out (you can pre-buy a digital copy of her album for $10).

Enjoy "Perfect" by Colleen Nixon!


Linking up with Goodnight Moon if she ever puts her hop back up...

No comments:

Post a Comment