27 January 2013

What I Wore Sunday (Vol. 10)

I finally got to go back to morning mass. We couldn't go last night because of baby's birthday party. My mom was flying back to Atlanta tonight, so we went this morning. And since B is working today, he gets to suffer through enjoy the teeny-bopper mass tonight on his own.

The baby did SO. MUCH. BETTER. at this mass than she has done in a long time. I really think it's the timing (and possibly having a Grandma there who wants to hold her the whole time). I give her behavior an A. We didn't have to take her out to the narthex during the Liturgy of Eucharist like B usually does. My mom keeps saying I need to look into using the nursery, since my sister swears by it. My mom also took my picture this week and told me to try a different pose because I looked dorky.

So here's the non-dorky pose:
The blazer is back!
Actually, I added the blazer at the last second because the whole outfit just washed neutral without it.

Blazer: NY & Co. // Shirt: Express via Goodwill // Pants: Old Navy // Boots: Bare Traps
Underthings to keep me warm: fleece-lined leggings from Target

And little Cora looked super-cute today as well:
Such a good model
In the spirit of my thrifted shirt this week, and the fact that I know most of the WIWS bunch love them some Goodwill deals, here is a kid-friendly a cappella version of the song "Thrift Shop" as done by Pentatonix:


If you would like to see/hear the original NSFL version with hilarious video by Macklemore & Ryan Lewis, click this link.

Linking up with the lovelies today at Fine Linen and Purple

6 comments:

  1. I like the last minute blazer add!

    ReplyDelete
  2. looking good. love the detail on the blouse.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never heard of this Thrift Shop song before. Love. IT!

    Thumbs up on the blazer. Definitely a good pop of color.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm probably supposed to be commenting on your sunday fashion, but I'm fashion-stupid over here so let me just say that I laughed out loud at your honest sentiments towards the teeny-bopper mass. My sentiments exactly. I'm so glad my husband is not a youth minister anymore....

    ReplyDelete
  5. The cover is well done...it just doesn't have the same amusement factor as the "dirty" version. lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the blouse, and my good gracious, Thrift Shop is our JAM in this house. Not even kidding, we have dance parties to it on the reg. The girl is owning it in the video that you posted!

    ReplyDelete