28 April 2013

What I Wore Sunday (Vol. 17) and Dorothy Day

Linking up once again
Some outdoor pictures today! Spring might have actually finally arrived! That tree I had been mindlessly staring out the window at all winter has bloomed!

Tank top: Merona from Target // White denim blazer: American Eagle // Pants: NY & Co., thrifted and amazing (my size and petite length!) // Shoes: Old Navy // Necklace: Body Central // Purse: Vera Bradley Outlet Sale

Baby's clothes: Probably all from Carter's (gifted). Shoes: Robeez (also a gift)

Oh, and that is what my hair actually looks like. Those curls ain't happenin' again, sorry. And full disclosure: these were taken yesterday. Today has taken on rainy and dreary qualities.


I have always like this little rose pin detail on this blazer.

As for mass, we actually got to hear the entire homily, and it was great (Cora gets another A for mass behavior!). Monsignor talked about Dorothy Day the whole time. I knew a little bit about her before--mostly just that she was a convert and co-founded the Catholic Worker Movement--but he made me want to know more and read her autobiography. I just read her entire Wikipedia entry this morning.

I can't find one of the quotes our Monsignor used that I liked the best, but he also used this one:
"I have long since come to believe that people never mean half of what they say, and that it is best to disregard their talk and judge only their actions"  - Dorothy Day
This made me think of politicians. Don't know why . . .

Anyone planning to join me for National Screen-Free Week? (I'm only doing it for realz for one day. Hey, it's somethin'.)

5 comments:

  1. Oooh, I lusted after those flats at Old Navy back when they were still in stock, but I was worried that I'd only wear them around Christmas. You totally make them work with this spring outfit! Way to go, Cat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the purple and red together - so classy. That pin is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful pin my friend and I love those flats. You are looking very "springy".

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look wonderful and very put together. Your little girl is so sweet! And screen free week. Hmm, this could be an interesting and fun challenge for me and the family.

    ReplyDelete