04 January 2014

Are These Resolutions or Just a To-Do List?

Well, that, I am not sure.

I haven't made resolutions in YEARS. I had my 101 in 1001 list, so that was good enough for me. Maybe one of these days I'll actually update that page on my blog since it ended last April, but that is not actually on my list! Too bad, so sad.

My resolution list just so happened to have 14 items, a fitting number for 2014.

1. Organize the basement. Make it functional. Make it awesome.

2. Start a toy rotation for Cora. Maybe once a month swap stuff out.

3. Weekly Family Meetings! We have re-started these. I dropped the part B hates (weekly highs and lows). We did it while Cora took a bath and we were all in the bathroom anyway. We can do readings out of her kids' bible.

4. Potty train Cora. Goal is to be daytime-trained around age 2, no later than 27 months. She already poops in it, we just gotta get her to know when to go.

5. Use time outs for Cora. She still doesn't quite understand it and won't sit in the chair.

6. Conquer Cora's picky eating. Even if I need to use operant conditioning, this needs to be nipped in the bud sooner rather than later.

7. Get new passport. This has been on my long to-do list for a while.

8. Make a home management binder. Not sure if I want it as detailed as the one I read about in Organized Simplicity, but there should be some type of manual on running this house if I fall into a hole.

9. Keep up with the budget on YNAB. (I just bought this thing!) And in effect, tithe more.

10. Read 7 books. And actually finish them. I was really bad in 2013 in regards to reading about 80% of a book and then not finishing it. It kinda drives me nuts when I think about it. (Most of the books are back on the library shelves, so it's not like I'll be finishing them tonight.)

11. Learn 5 new dinner recipes.

12. Get pregnant. (!!) And pray I don't have another miscarriage, will ya? Because that sucked.

13. Make 2 friends in this town. Like, actual friends that give me their phone numbers and call me to hang out.

14. Run 2 races. Setting the bar low because I'm not sure how much I'll be able do if #12 happens (see: bad knee).

That's it. That's my list. I better get crackin' on it since we're already 4 days in now.

2 comments:

  1. I moved to Louisiana last year, and I needed to make friends, I knew that I had to cut straight to the chase. I just asked her straight up, I am new to the area, would you like to be my friend? It works well sometimes and not so well other times, but it gets the point across.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll be praying that things go well with conceiving and that you make some friends this year. :D

    ReplyDelete