25 February 2014

Food For Thought, Literally

I sorta asked this question in another post, but I don't think anyone actually answered it. So now I will answer it myself.

If you could only eat 3 meals for the rest of your life, but you never had to worry about nutrition what would you eat??

So basically your 3 meals would meet all of your nutritional needs perfectly. No weight-loss diets, no wacky GI issues, no lactose-intolerance, etc. You could eat all of the same meal in one day or 3 different meals a day. But each meal, you only have 3 options. Each meal can contain up to 5 different foods/beverages.

I would eat these meals:

1. Pizza. Extra cheese. Rising crust. With a hard cider. Add a form of cheesy bread. Cookies & Cream ice cream with hardening fudge and sprinkles for dessert. And some Twix bars on the side.

2. A box of Krispy Kreme doughnuts. Retrieved from when the 'HOT' sign was on. Yeah, a whole box. Some scrambled eggs, bacon, and a strawberry orange smoothie.

3. Ground beef chimichangas.  On the side, chips and white queso dip (specifically the one from Frontera back in my hometown). McDonald's fries (had to sneak them in somewhere). Chocolate milk.

Now the real question is would you prefer this to the way we eat now?

Personally, I think I would. I know I never eat enough vegetables. I've heard of people who eat the same thing every day, and, honestly, it intrigues me. If I could just eat my favorites and never have to worry, I totally would! I'm not the world's most inspired chef, anyway. I don't think I'd ever get bored of Krispy Kreme doughnuts. However, I changed my 3rd meal a few times before I settled on the chimichangas, so maybe I am just better off as it is now.

What would you eat? And would your rather do 3 meals all the time or actually have to meal plan?

3 comments:

  1. Ohhh ... I think I need to consider this before I commit to three meals for the rest of my life, but I LOVE the idea of including hard cider, and mine would def contain something chocolate, and also definitely filet mignon from Ruth's Chris. My husband and I go for our anniversary every year, and we both enjoy it so much. Found you via 7x7! Woohooo! Two down, five to go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a nice question... I think it would be our friday-night dinner: home made fries in the oven, salmon with garlic, ginger and soya also in the oven and broccoli. And mayonaise. Spaghetti bolognese, home made of course with whole grain spaghetti (o.k. that one is for my husband, but I like it as well, and I think it's better to keep in some meat). Third, hot thai soup with some kind of white fish and shrimps and lots of vegetables. And then, crisps every once in a while (but that is not a meal) and lamb for Easter (but that is only once a year).

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do the same breakfast almost every morning - it's like my morning comfort ritual - toast with jam/nutella/peanutbutter/vegemite with a mug of Twinings tea and sausage. The perfect breakfast would be the same, but add two eggs either fried over medium well (not medium, not well, but in between - I don't understand why restaurants have such a hard concept with this) and ham/Canadian bacon - yummy! :) The other two meals, I could never decide - I love too much food too much!

    ReplyDelete